Whenever someone asks me, "Kenn, how do I get into filmmaking?" My answer is always the same: "Write a great script. Not a good script; not one that just needs a little work or a few tweaks... it has to be great. Once you have the great script, gather up your friends then go out and shoot it."
Okay, the shooting part is a little more complicated than that, but a few dedicated friends, a camera, good audio and a solid plan is all you really need to get started... that, and a great script. But how do you write a great script?
The Fundamentals of Screenwriting and Story Structure is a new video training series created from the trenches of low and no-budget indie filmmaking by Cape Breton indie filmmaker, Kenn Crawford. The course includes:
- 3 1/2 hours of on-demand video
- 15 articles
- a downloadable, 34-page workbook with practice exercises and online resources
This course will teach you what you really need to know to get your filmmaking ideas out of your head and on the written page as a properly formatted screenplay.
What you will learn:
- How to develop believable characters that the audience can relate to
- How to write realistic dialog
- Screenplay formatting
- You'll learn about Action, Suspense, Drama & Conflict
- Screenplay elements
- Where to find ideas
- Basic filmmaking principals so you can write a screenplay that can be shot by low and no-budget filmmakers, and so much more.
For more information and to watch the free preview lesson, CLICK HERE