Nursing home resident dies after explosion caused by snow-damaged propane line

'I think we're very lucky there was only one fatality and not more,' says son of victim

The Canadian PressMichael Tutton

The son of a Cape Breton woman injured last week in a propane explosion caused by sliding snow says his mother has died.

Craig Orychock says his 73-year-old mother, Glenda Orychock, died Sunday in a Halifax hospital after she suffered serious burns in the explosion Friday evening at the Silver Birch Manor seniors residence in Sydney, N.S.

Orychock says snow fell from the roof of the residence onto propane tank lines outside his mother's apartment. He says the leaking gas somehow ignited — creatin…

Continued...

Read the full story on the CBC website

Nursing home resident dies after explosion caused by snow-damaged propane line

SOURCE www.cbc.ca

Posted by
Receive news by email and share your news and events for free on goCapeBreton.com
SHOW ME HOW


281
https://capebreton.lokol.me/s/nursing-home-resident-dies-after-explosion-caused-by-snow-damaged-propane-line-11553-9225794
The Canadian PressMichael Tutton, Posted: Feb 12, 2024 4:43 PM EST | Last Updated: 8 minutes ago
Living News From Local Media

0

Log In or Sign Up to add a comment.
Depth
seek-warrow-w
  • 1
arrow-eseek-eNo items to display

Facebook Comments

View all the LATEST
and HOTTEST posts
View

Share this comment by copying the direct link.

  • Our Sponsors

Using this website is subject to the Terms of Use that contain binding contractual terms.