SCHOOL BOARD BOUNDARY REVIEW
So current and future parents. Concerned community members, we need to act now. Please write Derek Mombourquette, the Premiere, and the Minister of education. We must be heard."
- There is no consideration for where the school board will put the pre-k program. When they close Brookland both Cusak and Shipyard will be at capacity. (Shipyard will have a whole three empty spaces before they are over capacity. I hope no one has triplets)
- Our kids deserve a French immersion program in their community. As it is kids who live in South Bar will have to travel to Malcolm
- A school of 735 students is too many. As it is the school is so crowded it takes 15 min to switch classrooms because you are only allowed to travel one direction in the halls
I could go on, and I will. Please know your facts. Read the report on the board web site.
So here is what you need to pay attention to...
Boundary Review Documents
- Boundary Review - Sydney - SAC Final Report 2017
- Boundary Review - French Immersion - SAC Final Report 2017
- Public Meeting Information
- Public Meeting Presentation
The Cape Breton-Victoria Regional School Board has identified schools within the Sydney Family of Schools for Boundary Review. The Sydney Family of Schools includes:
- Brookland Elementary
- Cusack Elementary
- Harbourside Elementary
- Shipyard Elementary
- Sherwood Park Education Centre
- Whitney Pier Memorial
This boundary review may also impact the following schools in the Riverview Family of Schools
- Sydney River Elementary
- Riverside School
- Malcolm Munroe Middle School
A public meeting
will be WAS held on January 24th at 6:30 pm at Brookland Elementary.
For Information contact;
Mrs. Michelle MacLeod, Communications Officer, Cape Breton-Victoria Regional School Board,
Phone: (902)562-6476, by fax (902)564-0123
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org