The Port of Sydney Development Corporation -- a non-profit corporation 100% owned by the Cape Breton Regional Municipality -- is hiring, AGAIN!
Can you prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment? If, say, you went to China in August and promised to report to the municipal council on your return, would it take you six months (and counting) to do that?
Can you be "creative and innovative in a versatile operation?" Could you, for example, rewrite Cape Breton maritime history to suit our purposes? Do you know what "Nova" means? Can you think of an "innovative" way to move double-stack rail cars across the Ottawa Brook rail trestle?
(Source: NERAIL North American Rail Photo Archive)
If so, you should apply for this job:
(And I mean, somebody in the goCapeBreton community really should, and let us know if you actually get an interview!)
Administrative and Support Services
Port of Sydney Development Corporation
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Full Time Position
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to be creative and innovative in a versatile operation
- Have strong verbal, writing and editing skills and have a full understanding of communication tools
- Strong organizational and communicative skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and desktop publishing applications
- Ability to work productively with little supervision to perform general office duties ["with little supervision!"]
Submit Resumes to Port of Sydney Development Corporation
PO Box 327, Sydney, Nova Scotia, B1P 6H2
Please quote competition number AA0209-CB when applying.
Deadline for submissions:February 22nd, 2016
Here's the original posting.